September 13, 2008

ITALY PT. II

FAVORITE THING ABOUT TRAVEL?
Juse seeing new places and meeting new people.

September 2, 2008

I felt like getting away this year to find some peace and quiet on a nice beach. Just to catch up with my thoughts...

So after I spent couple days in Domodossola/Milano, I decided to take the rest of the weekend and hop over to Sicily for a few days. I've heard mixed reviews. But after a weekend in the city, I found it be beautiful and in many ways, more pleasant and enjoyable than Milano. 

数日ドモドッソラ/ミラノに滞在した後、2,3日シチリアに飛ぶ事にしました。シチリアに行くのももちろん初めてで、マチマチの評判を聞いていました。でも、数日過ごしてみて、ミラノより楽しく満喫できたような気がします。
I've heard that peace and quiet can be found on the east coast of the island in Sicily called Taormina, in the Province of Messina and Catania. 

Its difficult access makes it a peaceful getaway, rather than a party getaway. Getting therer requires a flight to Catania and then a 2 hours bus ride into Taormina. 

But it was well worth journey.

Like I said, you can take a plane or bus/train there. I highly recommend the plane ride. The bus/train ride takes you through some REALLY choppy grounds. And if you don't have your sea legs, you are going to lose your lunch. 

The plane ride is a little sketchy too, but at least it's only 1 hour from Milano. The views are gorgeous also.

飛行機もちょっと不安でしたが1時間ちょっとしかかからないので。僕は飛行機がお勧めです。
上からの景色も最高です。





後ろで煙を吐いているのがエトナ山です。



Last remaining memories of Taormina...
紹介します。





Italy is a state of extremes. one minute you're flying over snow capped mountains. 30 minutes later, you're landing in Catania Airport in 34° weather. The great food is also an example.

イタリアはいろいろな両極端が共存する州です。雪山の上を飛んでると思いきや、1時間後には35度のカターニャ空港に到着します。食べ物もいい例。

イオニア海、背後にエトナ活火山を抱く、ヨーロッパ屈指のリゾート地。







Discovered this really hidden obscure Italian restaurant.  
すごくいい隠れ家的なイタリアン料理屋を発見しました。


シチリア風ラザニア。














Involtini. 
インボルティーニ。「巻く」という意味の料理。シチリアではカジキマグロが定番。









Taormina as seen from the hill overlooking town. 


The hotel room: Literally steps away from the beach.
ホテルルーム:ビーチから数歩。



Isola Bella, view from the north of the island. 

イゾラ・ベッラ。















View of Isola Bella from above beach.






















街の中心はウンベルト1世通り。東のメッシーナ門と西のカターニア門の約800mを結び、車は通行禁止。

















piazza 9 Aprile.

4月9日広場。



西暦1800年、スペインから解放された日を記念して名前がつけられたそうです。





























Pasta con le Sarde.
イワシのパスタ。イワシと松の実、ファンネルなどを和えた、他地方では見られない、hシチリアの定番パスタ。





スズキのアクアパッツァ。

うまい。。。



アラブや他のヨーロッパ諸国から多様の食材やスパイスが伝わり、さまざまな料理が生まれ、魚介類が豊富で、素材で飾り気のないメニューが多いです。



I was really impressed with Sicily. I could feel the positive energy there. Similar to what I felt in Okinawa. 
シチリアに感動しました。ポジティブなエネルギーが感じられました。









A pedestrian street in Taormina at night.











September 3, 2008







What do you do when you wake up early? You watch the Sicily sunrise at 6 am.
今日も朝から海へ。





ジャン・レノがパスタを食べて母親に怒られるホテル、カポタルミーナ(Capotaormina)は背後の岬にあります。





タオルミーナの東の入り江に位置する小島。映画『グラン・ブルー』にも登場しました。名前は「美しい島」という意味らしいです。
















波もなく、穏やかです。



パブリックスペースなので夏になるとビーチは多くの海水浴客で賑わいます。










部屋からの風景。







To Catania.


「世界の車窓から」









アランチーニ - イタリア風ライスコロッケ。

Cannoli.

カンノーリ。シチリアの新鮮なリコッタに、砂糖とシナモンを混ぜ、それを筒状のビスケッティに詰めたシンプルな伝統菓子。

これは美味しかったです。
























Kana...all grown up. 


Spaghetti con Vongole Veraci













シチリア風カジキマグロのグリル。こちらはイタリア全土でよく見られますが、ことシチリアが有名な料理。




September 4, 2008

Catania is an Italian city on the east coast Sicily facing the Ionian Sea, between Messina and Syracuse. 

いろいろな人種が集まるカターニャの町は、シチリアでパレルモに次に番目に人口が多い(約50万人)経済活動が盛んな町です。
ヨーロッパ最大の活火山、エトナ山が望めますが、1669年火山大噴火、1693年の大地震という大災害に見舞われてきました。

Catania Duomo, Sicilia. Giovanni Battista Vaccarini's principal facade (1736) is an example of the city's Sicilian Baroque architecture.


19世紀から本格的に再建され、今ではシチリアの経済年として重要な町になっています。







魚や肉、野菜などの生鮮食品を扱うウセダ広場の市場。





活気があって、色んな種類の魚が売られていて、見ているだけでも面白いです。

一番パワーがみなぎっていてインパクトがありました。



























シチリアは山も海もあり本当に新鮮で、美味しい食材が一杯です。


Carciofi.
カルチョーフィ(アーティチョーク)。





















osteria antica marina

魚介のみのトラットリア。

フィッシュマーケット内にある有名店。気取らぬ雰囲気、途切れぬ客足、活気ある厨房。メニューは存在せずウエイターとの会話で注文します。

ゆでだこぶつ切り、

小皿前菜(量多し)。前菜は10種類前後の小皿料理。





小エビ、





イワシのマリネ、



小イカの揚げ物、など温皿1-2枚。






ウニ。

パスタも多種多様。塩加減、茹で加減パーフェクト。



メインはシンプルに焼いたり、煮たりが美味しいです。
セコンドはショウケースから魚を選んで焼いてもらう。

レモンのシャーベットにいちご。

2時間の昼食タイムはイタリア的。いい具合に時間を過ごせています。

osteria antica marina
s.c.s. DI CAMPISI S. & CO. SAS
Via Pardo, 29 Catania,
zona Pescheria
Tel. 095 348197


市場の隣の入り口が非常に分かりづらいのですが、行く価値ありです!要予約。



































September 5, 2008

I'm out today. Italy was great.

Twilight Zone shit....


Air One is probably one of the worst airlines in existence. Service was laughable. The planes are old and decrepit. All the airline hosts completely ignore the service call button. The planes were unbearably hot. (Like if everyone is fanning themselves with the emergency card; doesn't that give you some clue to turn on the A/C?) There was no toilet paper in the bathroom on the plane! Did I mention the service? Really horrible. Hope my flight ain't delayed next time....



Air Oneは存在する航空会社のなかで一番ひどいかもしれません。サービスは笑っちゃうほどひどい。機体は古くて、老巧していました。フライトアテンダント全員がコールボタンを無視。機内は耐えられないほど暑かった。(全員がエマージェンシーカードをうちわ代わりに扇いでいたら、エアコンをつけないといけない事に気づかないかな?)トイレにはトイレットペーパーも無かった。サービスのこと言いましたっけ?最悪でした。



Goodbye Italy. I'll be back one day when the Yen isn't getting its ass kicked by the euro.

日本円がユーロにこてんぱにやられていない時にまた来ます。



I won't forgetting this trip for quite some time.

This is my vacation. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home