ITALY.
ITALY OBSERVATIONS.
I learned and observed a lot on this recent trip to Italy. From a commuting perspective, this was as hellish as it gets. Spent a lot of time on tarmacs, buses, runways, terminals and on lines so I guess I had lots of time to ponder the wackness of my various situations.
These are really more for myself as reminders than anything else.
If you ever find yourself in Italy with a half day completely free, I recommend taking a quick train trip to Domodossola. It's only 2 hrs away from Milano but worlds away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Domodossola by night.
If you leave Milano Station by 10am, you can go to Domodossola and by back in the town by 6pm the same day. Visit once of the nicest hotels in Domodossola - Nona Pina Residence.
Sergio.
Stefano.
Pretty Marika in a pensive mood.
Adliano. The godfather of me, Robert De Niro is here bitches...
August 30, 2008
Domodossola by day.
The views are gorgeoius also.
Streets of Domodossola.
Marjoram.
マジョラム。
Great food, service and atmosphere. It's tucked into the side of the mountain and very secluded.
Yalo.
Yalo, Kira and Lifky.
August 31, 2008
湖水地方きっての高級リゾート地。高級ホテルやヴィッラが建ち並びます。スイス国境をまたぐ南北65kmの細長い湖なので、ミラノまでこんな景色がずっと続きます。


Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II.

Duomo.


Food is always a big topic. I always eat stuff that I would never really eat in Japan...for better ot for worse!






Streets of Milano.
ドゥオモ周辺。
あまりインプレッシブなものはなかった、というのが感想です。
Stazione Centrale F.S.


Lago Maggiore.


Domodossola.
駅前の広場。


古いレンガ造りの街並みは時代を感じさせます。




テラス席は最高!
Hmmm... So freakin' addictive!


Without a shred of doubt the BIGGEST lobster I have ever seen, much less consumed. It was awesome.





Sep 1, 2008
To Milano.




お見送り部隊。
車内はこの上なく臭い上に、座席は真っ黒に汚れています。

「世界の車窓から」
Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II.
Food is always a big topic. I always eat stuff that I would never really eat in Japan...for better ot for worse!
Stazione Centrale F.S.
Lago Maggiore.
Domodossola.
Hmmm... So freakin' addictive!
Without a shred of doubt the BIGGEST lobster I have ever seen, much less consumed. It was awesome.
Sep 1, 2008
To Milano.
To Barbaresco.
I was really impressed with Gaja. I could feel positive energy there. Be on the look out for this once sleepy city.
Astiから車で30分程。予期せぬ出来事がありましたが、大きな混乱にいたらず、約束の時間前に到着。結果オーライでした。






品質本意のガイヤのワインは、イタリアのトップクラスワインとして注目され、かつ専門家達を中心に高く評価されています。
Valentinaが案内してくれました。
施設内部は、一般公開はしていません。関係者のみとなっています。



Wine tasting.


Wine tasting.
It was really more of a wine drinking than a wine tasting...!

今回試飲したのは、こちら。・MAGARI 2006 - TOSCANA I.G.T. ・BARBARESCO 2005 - BARBARESCO DOGG ・SPERSS 1999 - LANGHE NEBBIOLO D.O.C. ・SUGARILLE 2001 - BRUNELLO DI MONTALCINO D.O.C.G. 試飲とはいえ普通サイズのグラスにたっぷり注いでくれるので、ただひたすら飲む。といった感じ。
Gaia. I and Keita helping with translations each other. Looking forward to what Gaia will dig from crates. Thanks Gaia!
ガイヤとミーティング?!
Gaia. We'll hook up next time Gaia!

長女で時期当主のガイア・ガイア。気さくでいい子です。さらにエレガントでチャーミング。11月日本に来るみたいです。
今回試飲したのは、こちら。・MAGARI 2006 - TOSCANA I.G.T. ・BARBARESCO 2005 - BARBARESCO DOGG ・SPERSS 1999 - LANGHE NEBBIOLO D.O.C. ・SUGARILLE 2001 - BRUNELLO DI MONTALCINO D.O.C.G. 試飲とはいえ普通サイズのグラスにたっぷり注いでくれるので、ただひたすら飲む。といった感じ。
Gaia. I and Keita helping with translations each other. Looking forward to what Gaia will dig from crates. Thanks Gaia!
Gaia. We'll hook up next time Gaia!
長女で時期当主のガイア・ガイア。気さくでいい子です。さらにエレガントでチャーミング。11月日本に来るみたいです。
Got a lot of nice goodies for us from Angelo Gaja!

ご当主は超有名、カリスマ性あふれるアンジェロ・ガイヤさんです。いつも忙しい為、少し会っただけでしたが、お土産もたくさんもらいました。
ご当主は超有名、カリスマ性あふれるアンジェロ・ガイヤさんです。いつも忙しい為、少し会っただけでしたが、お土産もたくさんもらいました。
Thanks for the goodies! (See below).
Along with very multi-talented Valentina.
Streets of Barbaresco.
Often when people think of great "brands", big names pop into their heads. "Apple", "Nike", "Google", "Porsche", etc... But many times, great brands can be small. The difference between a "great brand" a "great idea" is that a great brand is a business. If you made some amazing thing, but only one piece for yourself...
But by all definitions of a "brand"; Gaja is perfect.
Asti.
gelateria ferrara.
You Pick up your own topping.
It was some of the best ice cream and desserts I've ever tried.
Stazione Centrale F.S.
ミラノ中央駅。イタリア北部の諸都市に向かう列車のほとんどがここから発車。
in Milano.
More food!!!
Cotoletta alla Milanese.
ミラノ風カツレツ。
Espresso.
エスプレッソ。
圧縮抽出をした濃厚なコーヒー。イタリア人は多めに砂糖を入れて飲む人が多い。
Anyway, again....this all might not pertain to you, but its really more of a reminder to myself.
As you were.
More to come...Stay Tuned.
後半に続く・・・。


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home