SPAM ECONOMICS.
Still Rockin' The Town.
I've been a fan of Brian Setzer since his days with the Stray Cats.
I go to a Setzer performance to `listen' to the music: that would be too simple.
I go to be part of the music. Rockabilly is a form of early rock'n'roll that has been maligned incorrectly as red neck rock. Instead, it was the building block that Eddie Cochran, Buddy Holly and Elvis Presley honed their skills on. Now, nearly 50 years later, the heir apparent King of Rockabilly is Brian Setzer!!!

2月に来日です。ライブを何回か観に行ってるのですが、気分はもうアメリカン・グラフティー。怒濤の盛り上がり!
最高です。
誰か
チケット

Swing This Town!
November 22, 2008
I've been a fan of Brian Setzer since his days with the Stray Cats.
I go to a Setzer performance to `listen' to the music: that would be too simple.
I go to be part of the music. Rockabilly is a form of early rock'n'roll that has been maligned incorrectly as red neck rock. Instead, it was the building block that Eddie Cochran, Buddy Holly and Elvis Presley honed their skills on. Now, nearly 50 years later, the heir apparent King of Rockabilly is Brian Setzer!!!

2月に来日です。ライブを何回か観に行ってるのですが、気分はもうアメリカン・グラフティー。怒濤の盛り上がり!
最高です。
誰か
チケット

Swing This Town!
November 22, 2008
When I was in the States, this week is one of my favorite times all year. It's when the entire USA coordinates to bring on the holiday season. Christmas carols start getting played everywhere you go. The decorations start to light up the night. And of course, the shopping season begins. Everyone knows the year was an economic struggle for all.
I finally round up all the dope photos taken from this past Saturday. If you weren't able to make it, these flicks "almost" do it justice.
先週の土曜日に行われたイベントのすばらしい写真が集まったので紹介します。イベントに行かれなかった人は、この写真をみれば「ほとんど」どんな感じだったかが分かります。
短かったけど、とても内容の濃い滞在でした。ハイライトは:
いろんな人種があふれていました。
久しぶりに高円寺に。当時のままではないけれど今でもマニアックな店は結構あるんだろうな、。
Tokyo has its fair share of dark back alleys.
東京にも暗い裏道がたくさん。
東京にも暗い裏道がたくさん。
で今日は抱瓶に食事に。
低迷している経済のサインは?スパムを見ること。三年間の低下後、この12ヶ月でHormel Foods社のスパム商品の売れ行きが5.3%増え、Hormel社の第2四半期の収益が一年前と比べて6%増えました。12オンスの缶が$2.62という価格で今の風潮に「スパムはいい働きをする」。これははじめてのことでありません。どの経済沈滞にも、スパムは生き残る。つまり、経済についてあまり関わりがない方で、今の情勢のバロメーターが欲しいときは、地元のスーパーでのスパムの売れ行きをチェックしてください。

ラフティー
Speaking of Deja Vu...I was able to catchup with a lot of new friends this past week. It was like a big party all week long.
Saori/Actress. In case you don't know the time, Saori is a actress and also starred in Ninagawa Studio theater company. Holla at a revolutionary. I felt like I was watching a major actress in the making. Big things are about to blow for Saori. Worth checking out...
優しくて可愛くていい子なのですが、最近半ばグレはじめているさおです、。煙草まではやりませんでしたが、。悪女です、。
Dr. Kinjo in the house!

Tons of money here. We need to tap this. Haha...I am not joking.
Does "money" and "relevance" mean the same thing? I always thought it was possible to have one without the other.
Don't worry, everybody loves you, Lisa! Everyone Lisa in the house!

「お金」と「存在価値がある事」は同じことなのか?僕は片方無くても、もう片方を手に入れることは可能だと思います。
It was awesome.
ナーベラーのみそ煮
There was an interesting article in last week's NY Times about economics. Read up.
Signs of the faltering economy? Look to SPAM. After three years of decline, sales of Hormel Foods' Spam products grew 5.3% in the past 12 months, helping to boost Hormel's second-quarter revenues 6% from a year ago. At $2.62 for a 12-oz. can, "Spam plays well" in today’s climate. It seems this isn't the first time this happened. In any economic downturn, Spam thrives.
So if you're not too deeply involved in the economy and just want to get a barometer reading on the state of affairs...just check to see how Spam is selling at your local grocery store.
ポーク卵
There was an interesting article in last week's NY Times about economics. Read up.
Signs of the faltering economy? Look to SPAM. After three years of decline, sales of Hormel Foods' Spam products grew 5.3% in the past 12 months, helping to boost Hormel's second-quarter revenues 6% from a year ago. At $2.62 for a 12-oz. can, "Spam plays well" in today’s climate. It seems this isn't the first time this happened. In any economic downturn, Spam thrives.
So if you're not too deeply involved in the economy and just want to get a barometer reading on the state of affairs...just check to see how Spam is selling at your local grocery store.
低迷している経済のサインは?スパムを見ること。三年間の低下後、この12ヶ月でHormel Foods社のスパム商品の売れ行きが5.3%増え、Hormel社の第2四半期の収益が一年前と比べて6%増えました。12オンスの缶が$2.62という価格で今の風潮に「スパムはいい働きをする」。これははじめてのことでありません。どの経済沈滞にも、スパムは生き残る。つまり、経済についてあまり関わりがない方で、今の情勢のバロメーターが欲しいときは、地元のスーパーでのスパムの売れ行きをチェックしてください。
Speaking of Deja Vu...I was able to catchup with a lot of new friends this past week. It was like a big party all week long.
This shot perfectly encompasses the scope of people that came through tonight.
この夜来てくれた多種多様の人々が凝縮された一枚。
Lef-Right:Kumiko, Kaori, Keigo, Mori, Steve and Kumiko.

左:櫻井リア 漫画家です。「仮スマ」要チェックです!!とりあえず出演交渉しておきました?!
右:香 いい顔になったね。職場も近いし、今度飲みに行かないと、。

Characters Welcome.
左:櫻井リア 漫画家です。「仮スマ」要チェックです!!とりあえず出演交渉しておきました?!
右:香 いい顔になったね。職場も近いし、今度飲みに行かないと、。
Characters Welcome.
Mori and Kumiko.

Left-Right: Saori, Mika, Kaori, Naoko, Yoshino and Tatto.

Left-Right: Rina, Kaori, Kumiko, Lisa, Keigo and Mori.

I swear its cold outside!
最近、寒いね。
Left-Right: Saori, Mika, Kaori, Naoko, Yoshino and Tatto.
Left-Right: Rina, Kaori, Kumiko, Lisa, Keigo and Mori.
I swear its cold outside!
Saori/Actress. In case you don't know the time, Saori is a actress and also starred in Ninagawa Studio theater company. Holla at a revolutionary. I felt like I was watching a major actress in the making. Big things are about to blow for Saori. Worth checking out...
ジョークです。役作りの際に必要なこと、。誤解のないように!
シャンパンファイト、ビールかけを是非やりましょう、。
Dr. Kinjo in the house!
Tons of money here. We need to tap this. Haha...I am not joking.
Does "money" and "relevance" mean the same thing? I always thought it was possible to have one without the other.
Don't worry, everybody loves you, Lisa! Everyone Lisa in the house!
「お金」と「存在価値がある事」は同じことなのか?僕は片方無くても、もう片方を手に入れることは可能だと思います。
First off, of it wasn't for Lisa acting as hostess, it wouldn't have been nearly as fun.
Anyway, I did enjoy myself nevertheless. Amazing food and good company...can't be topped.
November 24, 2008
November 24, 2008
It was a winter wonderland for sure.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home