TOKYO OUTTAKES.
This weeks artist of the week is the iceman himself, Albert Collins. Collins also was know as the master of the Telecaster. Collins was a great guitar player who was starting to break on to the national scene when he tragically died of Cancer.

To check out some of the Iceman's blues videos check out theYouTube.
He incorporate elements of blues R&B, rock & had a very funky sound.If you ever heard him play, you would recognize his style within 3 notes, a block away. He tuned his Telecaster to a D-minor open chord & always had a capo halfway up the neck. He used his thumbnail instead of a pick, and didn't really pick, strum or pluck -- he attacked the strings in an incredibly persuasive way. His style was so unusual that you might look overlook the fact that the guy could flat-out play.

突き刺すテレキャスターのサウンド、うねるチョーキング、泣きまくる減衰音など聴きどころは多いです。ギター奏法もすごいけど、込める感情の深さははんぱではありません。
コリンズは、とにかくライブでしょー。こんな風に弾けたらかっこいいな。
December 13, 2008
駅周辺をぶらついてみたけど、それでも時間が余っていたのでアトレの中を探索。
創業 天保3年 伊賀焼 窯元『長谷園』へ。

今度ここで土鍋を買おう。いい店です。
Great meals cane be had for any amount of money.

6:00pm:
『ちりとり鍋 大島』へ。
ドロンズ大島さんのお店です。
いつも満員。
Some sights of the town.

To check out some of the Iceman's blues videos check out theYouTube.
He incorporate elements of blues R&B, rock & had a very funky sound.If you ever heard him play, you would recognize his style within 3 notes, a block away. He tuned his Telecaster to a D-minor open chord & always had a capo halfway up the neck. He used his thumbnail instead of a pick, and didn't really pick, strum or pluck -- he attacked the strings in an incredibly persuasive way. His style was so unusual that you might look overlook the fact that the guy could flat-out play.

突き刺すテレキャスターのサウンド、うねるチョーキング、泣きまくる減衰音など聴きどころは多いです。ギター奏法もすごいけど、込める感情の深さははんぱではありません。
コリンズは、とにかくライブでしょー。こんな風に弾けたらかっこいいな。
December 13, 2008
I have such a love/hate relationship with Ebisu. I LOVE visiting. And I HATE leaving. Some outtakes from my visit.
駅周辺をぶらついてみたけど、それでも時間が余っていたのでアトレの中を探索。
創業 天保3年 伊賀焼 窯元『長谷園』へ。
今度ここで土鍋を買おう。いい店です。
Great meals cane be had for any amount of money.
6:00pm:
『ちりとり鍋 大島』へ。
ドロンズ大島さんのお店です。
いつも満員。
I finally got around to paying them a visit recently. I'm glad I did.




I grabbed dinner with my homies...very multi-talented Rie and Lisa, now official ladies of Leisure.
夜は、定番メンバーで。
I grabbed dinner with my homies...very multi-talented Rie and Lisa, now official ladies of Leisure.
Some sights of the town.
Some things just make so much sense.
↑全員女性です、。
wine bar Mへ。
ワインは、フランス、イタリアが主力ですが、ドイツ、スペイン、アメリカなどもありますし、120cc(通常の1杯)のほか、90cc、50ccというのもありますから、色々試すことも可能です。
穴場的な落ち着いた雰囲気です。おすすめです。

ストックしているワイン全てglassで楽しめます。五大シャトーは勿論、ペトリュス、ルパンといった大物まで・・。
I had a great time with Yamamura-san, the Creative mastermind...peep that rug tapestry in the background! I want that!!! For all of his accomplishments, he is such a simple, humble dude. I'm looking forward to our next meeting.
建築家の山村さんも合流。まったく飾らない気さくな方です。次に会えるのを楽しみにしています。

ura.へ.
Apple crumble pie served with vanilla ice cream & Caramel pudding
林檎のクランブルパイ ヴァニラアイスクリーム添え & キャラメルプリン
恵比寿の静かな裏通りにあるバーです。
Discovered this really hidden obscure bar & dining.

この店当たりです。結構駅の近くなのに静かで、酒も豊富(特にウィスキー)。
5軒はしご!What recession??
一日の終わりに
これで今日は さよなら
汗もよくかいたし
湯船につかったら ゆっくり眠ろう
忘れ物もしたけど 見つけた物もあるよ
無駄な時なんて 一日もないさ
出会えた人たち 言葉をありがとう
名もなき人たち 風景をありがとう
気の合う仲間たち 力をありがとう
つつみかくさない 心をありがとう
7:30pm:
wine bar Mへ。
9:00pm:
Vin Santoへ。
I had a great time with Yamamura-san, the Creative mastermind...peep that rug tapestry in the background! I want that!!! For all of his accomplishments, he is such a simple, humble dude. I'm looking forward to our next meeting.
ura.へ.
都会のライフスタイル
好きな時間に、好きな物を、好きなように・・・。
The food in Ebisu lived up to its reputation for being...um...interesting.
フレンチベースにした料理。
どんだけ食うねんっ!!
Self portraito. Lisa, thanks for everything...you are a great host. This was an excellent dinner again with Rie and Yamamura-san.
The food was divine.
Self portraito. Lisa, thanks for everything...you are a great host. This was an excellent dinner again with Rie and Yamamura-san.
Apple crumble pie served with vanilla ice cream & Caramel pudding
Cent'are Biancoも良かったです。
恵比寿の静かな裏通りにあるバーです。
Discovered this really hidden obscure bar & dining.
この店当たりです。結構駅の近くなのに静かで、酒も豊富(特にウィスキー)。
一日の終わりに
これで今日は さよなら
汗もよくかいたし
湯船につかったら ゆっくり眠ろう
忘れ物もしたけど 見つけた物もあるよ
無駄な時なんて 一日もないさ
出会えた人たち 言葉をありがとう
名もなき人たち 風景をありがとう
気の合う仲間たち 力をありがとう
つつみかくさない 心をありがとう
I plan on coming back very soon. Stay tuned for more in December.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home