June 28, 2009

MJ RIP.

June 25, 2009

R.I.P Michael jackson if anyone didn't know that one today as well............



Omotesando Hills.


It's so dope.










9:30pm:

After all, I do live in TOKYO...the city that everyone else comes to experience...I often find myself working too much... I figure I might as well try to get some taste of TOKYO as well.

ブルーノート最終日のセカンドに行って参りました。あとで後ろを見たら満席立ち見状態!最終日最終公演だったしね。



Roy Hargrove Quintet @ Blue Note Tokyo


Live in Tokyo. Blue NOte. 9:30 pm show.

Roy rocking the Blue Note.

やはりバンド全体で見ても、Roy Hargroveのパフォーマンスの迫力に圧倒されるライブでした。

Like Jazz? I was too enthralled during the performances to shoot.

ライブ中は興奮しすぎて撮影できませんでした。

Its good time to escape uptown and catch some culture.

He friggin' KILLED it...effortlessly.

Raphael Saadiq bumped into Roy Hargrove. He attended his show and ended up joining him on stage to sing a few verse!

割れんばかりの拍手で再登場したあとのアンコール曲にBRING IT ON HOME TO ME !しかも、BRING IT ON HOME TO MEに会場に遊びにきていたRAPHAEL SAADIQが飛び入り参加で、ロイとともに歌ってくれたのでした。

What songs are you looking forward to hearing???

I was able to check out the show from side stage. That's pretty sick. It was an awesome live show.

凄すぎます。最高のライブでした。

This is a really dope album. I suggest you get this CD.


June 27, 2009

7:00am:

To Tsukiji.



She was acting as navigator and negotiator all at the same time.

全てお任せ。



This spot was the majority favorite. Very much a tourist trap. 

This was the crowd  gathered outside...これが外の行列。



Breakfast at Isonoya.


We had some excellent sushi in Tsukiji. 


Extremely fresh and tasty. 




Check out the sea urchin...straight out of the shell! 








Here is the center of the fish market in Tokyo. 












It's the Tsukiji market seen from inner side.

築地市場場内です。





With so many common friends, it was great to finally meet Akiko in person. She has a really great character and I was lucky enough to tag along for breakfast with her. 

Akiko...funniest girl in TOKYO.

You could say she has shit going' on. Big things from this girl coming in 2009.








オリンピックスタジアムの建設予定地 です。


買っちゃいました。


うそです。

3:00pm:

There are plenty of beer bars in Tokyo, but  Ginza Lion flaunts an enviable heritage. 


The classic, old-style beer hall has managed to survive with its remarkable 1930s interior intact.





We all do our respective hustle...but it's nice to just get together and not really talk about any of that shit yet still have a great time. It's not always about "networking". Even though collectively, we could probably do some really ill shit together.

More to come from Tokyo....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home